It’s not too late to make a difference in lives of homeless pets right here in your own community. Make a Difference Day is this Saturday, October 27. Guess what else is happening this Saturday, October 27? You got it! Bark in the Park–and your opportunity to make a difference. Here are some things that you can do:
1. Show up! Just your presence at the event helps make a difference. Why? The more people who attend, the more business owners have interest in sponsoring next year’s event. Your attendance alone can help homeless pets in the future by helping generate future sponsorships.
2. Have a lot of fun spending a little of your money. We will have a Silent Auction, Raffle, a Prize Wheel, a Photo Booth, T-Shirts and Pet Gear for sale, Baked Goods, Drinks, Chick-Fil-A Sandwiches, a Kid’s Costume Contest, a Pet Costume Contest, and more. All of the funds raised on October 27 will support the SPCA-BC and our mission to end pet homelessness in our community.
3. If you can’t attend, donate. It’s not too late to donate items for our Silent Auction, Raffle, and Bake Sale. You can drop your items off at the SPCA-BC at 141 Canna Lane in Lake Jackson anytime between now and Friday. We are open from noon until 5:30. If those hours are not convenient, call us and we will arrange a pick-up. (979) 285-2340 x 100.
4. Thank our sponsors. If they know that you are paying attention and appreciate their donations to our cause, they are more likely to sponsor in the future. You can thank them in person, by email, by mail, on their Facebook page, or on their Website, but an even better way to thank them is to patronize their businesses. Be sure to let them know that you are a customer because of their support of the SPCA-BC.
5. If you already have plans for this Saturday, call us to find out about other volunteer opportunities, items that we need donated, or how to make a financial contribution. We aim to get our community to a status of NO MORE HOMELESS PETS. You are a critical part of our mission.
So. . . Can we count on YOU? Be there Saturday, October 27 at MacLean Park in Lake Jackson. Festivities begin at 10 am and will wrap up around 1. Get those costumes out, bring your kids, bring your pets, and get ready to have a fun family day! We can’t wait to see you there!